Sunday 23 June 2013

No job is too small

No job is too small. When I was in university, my people did not have too much money, so I had to work in an auctioning place. I watched people's behaviour, and what I learned there was very precious for the future. I learnt that some people bid out of ego, some for fun. People were ready to pay more for a used chair than what it would cost for a new one. There is a psychology in buying. It's enough to walk into a supermarket to experience that for yourself. You end up buying things that you never thought of buying when you entered, and probably don't really need. Buying is about seeing, desiring, feeling attracted, calculating that something is a bargain that is too difficult to pass by... Buying is not need; it is psychology. So is the art of selling.

When I was in class, I was the only boy in my class, and in order to make friends with the girls, I joined typing class like most of them. That skill came in very handy especially when computers came in: when my companions were one-finger typists, I was able to use all ten fingers. But life has a way of equalling up: now we have i-phones, and there are people who can use their thumbs much faster than I can ever hope to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...