Friday 13 September 2013

Abel Pann again

"Sarai" (1940)

Abel Pann again. What's new is that I've been passing the Mayanot Gallery almost every day the last two years, and seeing this and other pictures there. And this morning, when I stopped, or was it yesterday, I realized that some of the pieces on display there might actually be originals. I did not enter to check out, though. All I know is that the pieces are extraordinary, like the one above. What did Pann draw on for his inspiration? Surely no modern Hebrew person looks or dresses quite like this today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...