Saturday 29 March 2014

Two loaves and a restaurant

I feel very much like the boy with two loaves, the loaves that Jesus took and transformed into bread for a multitude. That was the gospel that was taken on the day of our recollection, in small violation of Lenten liturgical norms - but providential. The boy who probably said to himself: Why me? Why my two loaves? I was looking forward to enjoying them myself, and perhaps with a few friends.

And once it is clear that the loaves are being taken, I find myself wishing I had, not two loaves, but a whole restaurant, a whole supermarket, a whole bazar...

But the Lord probably does not want a restaurant or a bazar, but just these two loaves - not forgetting the five small fish. Only, he wants all. He is the boss. "The Lord's hand is not foreshortened," in the wonderful phrase from the Pentateuch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...