Saturday 27 December 2014

Knock when you need me

"Community life": what might that mean, concretely? Snatches of remembered dialogue: "I am available. When you want, knock." Enough? Perhaps better the attitude that we learnt, or should have learnt, in practical training: to be attentive to each young person, his moods, his needs, his state.... So, not necessarily a community life where we are all the time creating opportunities for being together - though such moments are no doubt necessary - but the attitude. Don Angel: to Cain's question, Am I my brother's keeper? our answer is Yes. And not just keepers but carers. "Do I care?" Am I really concerned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...