Monday 12 October 2015

The fascination - and the Mind of Christ

The short gospel of last Saturday: "Blessed the womb that bore you and the breasts you sucked!" and Jesus: "Blessed instead those who hear the word of God and keep it."

The fascination of Jesus, the fascination aroused in people. Am I fascinated by him? Where do I stand w.r.t. him, who is the base and ground and foundation of my life with its current choices, my religious life, my consecrated life?

And then: putting on the Mind of Christ. "Blessed rather those who hear the Word of God and keep it."

Consecrated life, not just the priesthood.
And priesthood: not status, not comfort, not convenience, but ministry, service.
Mission, not just work. Do I show Christ? Am I the Face of the Father like Christ?

We ask:
for a fascination, a renewed fascination for Christ.
that we might be revelation, epiphany.
whatever be the past - now is the day of salvation, here God is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...