Thursday 14 July 2016

Listening and dialoguing

From Ted Montemayor's address to the provincial chapter, SUO 2016:

As I traveled the province, I often quoted Pope Francis referring to his visit to our country back in September.  Addressing the Bishops of the United States at the Cathedral of St. Matthew he said:

“It is not my intention to offer a plan or to devise a strategy.  I have not come to judge you or to lecture you.  I trust completely in the voice of the One who, “Teaches all things” (John 14:26).  Allow me only, in the freedom of love, to speak to you as a brother among brothers.  I have no wish to tell you what to do, because we all know what it is that the Lord asks of us.  Instead, I would turn once again to the demanding task-ancient yet never new-of seeking out the paths we need to take and the spirit with which we need to work.  Without claiming to be exhaustive, I would share with you some reflections which I consider helpful for our mission.”

Pope Francis came as a brother to dialogue, to listen, to encourage and to show appreciation.  I hope we can do that these days.   To listen, to encourage, to dream and vision, to show appreciation for each other and our ministries.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...