Batulao, the Philippines, 14 November 2016 -- Annual gathering of EAO Formation delegates animated by Fr. Ivo Coelho, Gen. Councilor for Formation and his assistant Fr. Silvio Roggia, and moderated by Br. Raymond Callo (FIN) - EAO coordinator for formation was concluded yesterday in Batulao, Batangas - Philippines with multiple fruits.
The delegates studied various topics and shared experience about 'Aspirantate and Prenovitiate' stage of formation, Letter about Salesian Brother Vocation (ACG 424), Sharing about inter-provincial formation houses, Formation of formators, Statistics of the initial formation.
First of all the Formation delegates worked out with the Youth Ministry delegates concrete JOIN LINES OF ACTION for next years:
- There will be formal and systematic collaboration between the formation and youth ministry commissions at provincial level (especially by means of periodic meetings) regarding the aspirantate and all levels of initial formation.
- The two commissions will ensure that the Salesian Youth Ministry: Frame of Reference (2014) is studied at the initial and on-going formation levels in a systematic way.
- The two commissions will work together to prepare a program of pastoral activities for the whole arc of initial formation, beginning from the aspirantate, paying special attention to the young who are poor and at risk.
- They will work out ways of preparing formators for the processes of pastoral and spiritual discernment and accompaniment.
- The two commissions will promote knowledge and implementation of the document produced by the Sectors for Youth Ministry and for Formation about “Aspirantate Experience” (26 July 2011).
Some other important guidelines were confirmed for the benefit of the Salesian Mission - Formation
- The importance of Formation and Youth ministry delegates committed full time.
- The importance of formators to be involved in the formation of youth animators and leaders.
- The importance of periodic evaluation of these lines of action.
The Formation delegation delegates lines of action for the following one year (2016-2017)
- The importance of attending possibly different formation courses in Rome and learn Italian.
- The importance of evaluation and monitoring of provincial formation plans
- The urgent task of capacity building for Salesian religious identity.
Some formation occasions during next one year offered in our EAO REGION
- All provinces agreed to have a formation of the Pre-novice directors in Cebu, FIS, October 29 - November 11, 2017.
- 2017 annual Salesianity (teachers) formation course offered in DBCS Paranaque, Manila, April 26-May 13
- 2017 annual formation delegates meeting will be hosted in Myanmar, November 13-15, 2017
- 2018 the EAO Salesian Brothers' Congress will be hosted in Vietnam, August 8-13, 2018.