Monday 30 January 2017

Who writes?

When I write a letter in my capacity as formation councillor, who exactly is writing? There are so many people who help in various ways, big and small. And there comes to mind Dorothy Sayers' Airman who is asked, before the Pearly Gates, to recite the Creed, and cannot, and then is told: Recite! for if you do not, these very stones will cry out.

The faith is larger than ME. It belongs to the COMMUNITY. And even when my faith is weak, and I do not believe, the community believes for me, carries me, makes the profession of faith.

So the writing is no longer the result of an I, but of a We.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Rupnik, “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novità nella vita consacrata?” English summary

“EVANGELIZATION – DOES IT CALL FOR SOMETHING NEW FROM CONSECRATED LIFE?” MARKO RUPNIK, SJ “E se l’evangelizzazione chiedesse una novit...